Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Apple Pie Protein Shake

Technically, apples are not on my meal plan. I usually have berries with my shake. My breakfast at the moment is basically a protein shake with my oats thrown in. I am LOVING this right now. It's so easy to throw together at home or at the gym (since I work there, no one cares if I use the blender) after my morning cardio.

So normally my shake is frozen strawberries, oats, and chocolate protein powder. This is a great time to get your flaxseed/omega oils in too. This shake is really filling and really a complete breakfast with the oil. Fats, carbs, protein, nutrition.

Today, I got a little creative.



Apple Pie Protein Shake

  • 1 small apple or 1/2 large apple (cut in smaller chunks to make it easier on your blender)
  • 1/2 cup rolled or instant oats
  • 1 tsp cinnamon
  • 1 scoop Vanilla Protein Powder

And that's it!

What's your favourite protein shake recipe?

xoxo,
Taren

No comments:

Post a Comment